1. What are cookies and why do we use them in Photo24?
A cookie is a small data file that is downloaded to the users device to access certain web pages and to store and retrieve information about the navigation that is accessed from the user’s computer.
Users can set the browser not to accept cookies, in which case the personalisation of the experience will not apply, however the user can still access the content of our websites.
In the Wikipedia page (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cookies) it is possible to obtain more information about what cookies are and how they work.
2. What kind of cookies are used in Photo24?
Cookies in terms of their permanence may be divided into :
· Session Cookies : Designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a web page. These are often used to store information and in preserving the service requested by the user only once (eg, a list of products purchased). These cookies expire once the user closes the browser.
· Persistent Cookies: A type of cookie where the data is stored in the terminal and can be accessed and used for a defined period, and after a certain date they are deleted. These are used for example in the process of buying or registering on a website and to avoid the user having to constantly enter login data. These cookies expire when the purpose for which they serve (for example, to keep the user identified in the websites and services of Photo24) have been met, or when they are manually deleted.
Depending on who is operating the computer or domain from which the cookies are sent and how the data obtained is treated, we can distinguish :
· First-party Cookies : These are sent to the user’s device and managed exclusively by us to improve the users experience.
· Third-party Cookies : These are sent to the user’s device from a machine or domain that is not managed by us but by another entity that treats the data obtained.
While navigating www.photo24.co.uk the following cookies can be installed on your device:
FIRST PARTY COOKIES
· Registration Cookies : When the user enters our site and signs in, our own temporary cookie is installed and the user can navigate to areas of the site without having to continuously enter login data. This cookie will be deleted once the user logs off.
THIRD PARTY COOKIES
· Analytics Cookies : Used to study the behavior of users who browse our website. So we have knowledge of the most viewed content, the number of visitors to the site etc. Information we could use to help improve the browsing experience for our users and optimise our services. They can be our own cookies or from a third party. Among the latter are the following cookies:
- Google Analytics: An application we use to collect and analyze navigation information : Google Analytics: www.google.com/analytics/ and http://www.google.com/intl/en_uk/analytics/privacyoverview.html
This application has been developed by Google, which provides us an analysis of our website audience. The company may use this data to improve services and to provide services to other companies. You can find out more about these companies from the links provided on this page.
This tool does not collect the first or last names of users or the address from where they are connecting from. The information obtained for example, is related to the number of pages visited, language used, social networks in which our news is published, the city and IP address from where the user is accessing the site, the number of users that visit the site, frequency of the visits, time of visits, the browser used and the operating system or terminal type from which the user is accessing the site.
- ClickTale : ClickTale cookies allow us to improve the design and usability of the web to improve the user browsing experience. Supplier of cookies: ClickTale Ltd, for more information about how to disable these cookies visit: http://www.clicktale.net/disable.html
- CrazyEgg : These cookies help us to improve the design of the web based on the interaction. In no event will data be collected for commercial purposes or personal data. Supplier of cookies: Crazy Egg Inc, for more information about how to disable these cookies visit: http://www.crazyegg.com/opt-out
· Commercial Cookies:
- Adroll : Allow us to provide you with information such as promotions or offers related to your interests and improving users browsing experience . Supplier of cookies: Semantic Sugar Inc, for more information about how to disable these cookies visit: http://www.adroll.com/about/privacy
- AppNexus : Same as the above, they make it possible to provide relevant promotiona information. Supplier of cookies: AppNexus Inc, for more information about these cookies visit: http://www.appnexus.com/cookies
3. Configuration, consultation and disabling cookies
You can allow, block or delete cookies installed on your computer by configuring the browser settings installed. This setting is usually found in the ' Options ' or ' Preferences ' menu in your browser.
Here are the instructions to set the cookies settings in the major browsers used :
Chrome: Settings -> Show Advanced Options -> Privacy -> Content Settings . For more information, please consult the Google support or the help option in the browser.
Firefox : Tools -> Options -> Privacy -> History -> Custom Settings. For more information, please refer to the Mozilla support or the help option in the browser.
Internet Explorer: Tools -> Internet Options -> Privacy -> Settings. For more information, please refer to the Microsoft support or the help option in the browser.
Safari: Preferences -> Security. For more information, please refer to the Apple Support or the help option in the browser.
Everything about Google analytics cookies as well as administration and configuration can be found at :
If you decide to disable cookies we are unable to offer certain types of services, for example to maintain items in the shopping cart.
www.photo24.co.uk cookies policy is regularly updated and we recommend you periodically review our policy.